SHAKTI DANCE® - THE YOGA OF DANCE
TEACHER TRAINIG LEVEL 1 - SLOVENIA
250 hours program - SEPTEMBER 2021 - MAY 2022
Early bird with discount and advance payment by June 15, 2021.
Regular applications after 15 June are possible until 10 September 2021, or until the places are filled.
The program will take place live in the studio and / or online, depending on the given situation.
Shakti Dance® the Yoga of Dance – combining yoga and dance. Shakti Dance® is inspired by Kundalini Yoga as thought by Yogi Bhajan and was created by Sara Avtar Olivier from UK based on her life-long dance experience and over 20 years of practicing and teaching Kundalini yoga. Shakti dance offers joyful, graceful and healthy yogic path through the conscious practice of dance. Yoga means union. Union of our finite consciousness and the infinite consciousness, true self and personality, eternal and mortal. Practicing yoga involves conscious presence in yogic asana. The yoga of dance involves brining conscious presence in dance movements. We dance with awareness on breath and body movement becoming one with our own creative expression emerging from deep within.
Shakti Dance® is the Yoga of Dance that combines breathing, movement, singing and sinking into most beautiful music. It is one of the most unique forms of practice. It applies yogic philosophy and different dance styles together in most beautiful manner including phases like gentle stretches, free movement, different dance forms, beautiful meditation and deep relaxation. As a practice Shakti Dance® is suitable for everyone; you can find beautiful, deep and healthy path to yourself and your life.
Shakti Dance® Teacher Training Level 1 is suitable for everyone, even for those who don’t see yourself as a Teacher of Shakti Dance®.
Shakti Dance®, the ‘Yoga of Dance’ is rooted in the technology of Kundalini Yoga, as taught by Yogi Bhajan. The discipline was developed by Sara Avtar, with the blessing of Yogi Bhajan, in 2001. Shakti Dance® shares the common goal with Kundalini Yoga of expanding consciousness to unfold and express our soul potential in daily life.
Vitality • Radiance • Awakening • Soul Expression
An academically extensive, while deep, and beautifully transformative training awaits you. The program has been developed to directly embody all theory experientially.
You will learn to practice and teach a unique entwinement of yoga and dance. Embodying the teachings, you will be energised, your mind awakened and spirit elevated, as you merge with the life force and give expression to your soul impulse…
You will learn different yogic techniques and dance-styles and how they are interwoven and sequenced, according to their qualities and energy levels – as ‘tools’ to stimulate and rebalance the pranic flow in mind and body.
The system of Shakti Dance® illumines a delicate synergy of practice with mindfulness, synchronised to mantra:
- rhythmic breath,
- cyclic flowing movement,
- free dance
- movement meditation, and
The resultant tapestry induces a unique space of consciousness – a relaxed atmosphere of ‘harmonious attunement’, characteristic to Shakti Dance®. This subtle space releases blockages and deep conditioning, inducing inner healing and awakening. It opens us up to our core vibration, cascading into free dance and the expressive fullness of aware Being.
Learning to practice and teach Shakti Dance® opens up a vibrant source of creativity, lending form and expression to each teacher’s unique gifts. Regular practice expands horizons for clarity of purpose, facilitating the realisation of soul potential. As a Shakti Dance® Teacher, in elevating you are elevated!
This Training Program culminates in the certification as an Instructor of Shakti Dance® Classes or workshops of 1-3 hours.
- The training consists of 24 days of 180 classroom hours,
- plus another 30 hours of early morning practice (sadhana)
- and 40 hours of personal study (reading and practicing the techniques at home)
- a total of 250 hours.
Depending on whether the modules are in a more or less intensive format, the duration of the training is over a period of between six months to a year.
Sara Avtar generally teaches on all Level 1 Teacher Trainings in collaboration with other Shakti Dance Teacher Trainers who have been trained by her. drugimi učitelji-trenerji Shakti Dancea, ki jih je izšolala. Poleg Sare Avtar bodo na treningu poučelave še trenerke Abiola, Dunia in Nataša Siri Amrit.
Physical Body ~ Lakshmi: Radiant Embodiment
Principles of Harmonious Movement ~ Bandhas ~ 5 Elements & Postural Alignment ~ Rhythmic Breath ~ Dynamic Cyclic Asanas ~ Sequencing Movement & Graceful Flow
Energy Body ~ Kali: Transformational Release
Systems of Yogic Anatomy: Vayus, Chakras, Nadis, Meridians, Rasas ~ Frequency & Electromagnetism ~ Pranayama in Motion ~ Different Qualities of Dance
Mental Body ~ Saraswati: Creative Consciousness & Geometry of Mergence
Aspects of Mind ~ Meditation ~ Focus & Mindfulness in Motion ~ Influence of Mantras, Mudras, Musical Rhythm and Sacred Geometry ~ Celestial Communications ~ Mantric Choreographies
Patanjali ~ Vedanta ~ Samkhya ~ Bhakti Tradition
Shiva & Shakti ~ Three Principle Gods & Goddesses
Dynamic Structure of the 8 Phases of a Class
Development & Growth as a Teacher
Acquistion of Techniques ~ Integration of Effects of Practice ~ Role & Expression of a Teacher
- 11. – 12. 09. 2021 INTRO WEEKEND / What is yoga / Shakti / Dance
- 28. – 31. 10. 2021 PHYSICAL body 1-4 / 3 Gunas / Breath-Movement / Shakti streching
- 20. – 21. 11. 2021 PHYSICAL body 5-6 / Patanjali / Samkhya
- 10. – 12. 12. 2021 ENERGY body 1-3 / Yogic anatomy / Deities / 5 Vayus
- 22. – 23. 01. 2022 ENERGY body 4-5 / Nadis/ Pranajama / 9 Rasas
- 18. – 20. 02. 2022 ENERGY body 6, MENTAL body 1-2 Free Dance / Mind / Meditation
- 18. – 20. 03. 2022 MENTAL body 3-5 Sound&Mantra /Dance steps / Sacret geometry
- 15. – 17. 04. 2022 METHODOLOGY & ETHICS 1-2 /Code of ethics / Preparation for exam
- 21. – 22. 05. 2022 EXAM
The program will take place live in the studio and / or online, depending on the given situation.
- 180 classroom hours
- 40 hours of self-study* and written summaries
- Full payment of the Training Program fees
- Practice teaching of a Shakti Dance class with peer review from the trainer and fellow students
- Participation in at least 10 mornings of sadhana (early morning spiritual practice), during the training program In addition to the training program, attend 30 hours ( 30h x 60min.) of Shakti Dance regular classes or workshops, with any previously Certified Shakti Dance teacher (not from your training group). The time period given for this completion is from 3 months before training begin, until 6 months after end of training.
- When training takes place in all forms: live in the studio, online and hybrid, it is desirable to have a live presence in the studio whenever possible for the participant, depending on the epidemiological situation. Otherwise, the mandatory min. live participation in the studio is 7 days of your choice + mandatory 2 days of the exam on 21 and 22 May 2022.
- Completion of any extra Self-Study Assignments in order to recuperate missed classroom hours**
- Completion of any Follow Up Tasks after the Practical Exam
- Pass the Shakti Dance® Level 1 Practical and Written Exams***
- Complete all the training requirements no later than six months after the end of the Training Program. An extension may be granted by official request to the program organizer and Shakti Dance Academy.
- Final decision for qualification lies with the Lead Trainer and the Shakti Dance® founder Sara Avtar Olivier.
- Personal practice of specified yoga-asanas and Shakti Flowing-Asanas
- Personal practice of specified meditations and/or Celestial Communications,
- Keeping a diary of experience during the practice of specified meditations and/or Celestial Communications
- Personal practice of specified Standing Sequences and/or Mantric Choreographies
- Reading of course manual or hand-outs during the Program
- Background reading of suggested books
- Short essays of theoretical nature and summaries of diaries relating to personal experiences during the 40-day practice of Shakti Dance.
Please be aware that there is limited space on this training. Therefore, if you are seriously considering enrolling for this training, please be sure to send in your application as early as possible and making the advance payment of 400 € (non-refundable deposit) by 10.09.2021.
It includes: Tuition fees, technical support, teaching materials, organization costs, exam certification, royalty payment for training program and 60€ for 1 year of Shakti Dance Academy Membership.
The whole program is in English. Material (text book for teacher training level 1) is in English.
Early Bird: 2100 €
– 400 € by 15.06.2021
– 1.700 € by 11.09.2021
Regular: 2200 €
– 400 € by 15.08.2021
– 1.800 € by 11.09.2021
Installment payments: 2400 €
– 400 € by 15.08.2021
– 400 € by 11.09.2021
– 400 € by 28.10.2021
– 600 € by 20.11.2021
– 600 € by 10.12.2021
Accommodation and food are covered separately.
NOTE: If you require an invoice, please contact us at email@example.com, before making any payment by bank transaction!
Plesni Studio Intakt
Tugomerjeva 12, 1000 Ljubljana
Namen: SD TTL1 2021
Bank Address: Nova KBM d.d, Ulica Vita Kraigherja 4, 2000 Maribor, Slovenija
IBAN: SI56 0400 1004 7454 717
SWIFT BIC: KBMASI2X
Please notice that a payment of complete tuition is obligatory even in the case of dropping from the participation at the teacher training at any point from any reason. For certification the participant is entitled to attend the missed modules (up to 6 days) max. 6 months after passing the exam at any of the forthcoming teacher trainings in Europe. (more details in SDTTL1 Legal Disclaimer)
Registration and information:
003861 41 203 527 (Nataša Siri Amrit)
Close to Dance Studio Intakt are many hostels and hotels for good price and places with good food.
I took a Shakti teacher training course ten years ago. The experience marked me strongly, I can say that the course was something that decisively influenced the direction of my life. To pass from the mind to the body, to the feelings, to feel what the silence within oneself means and then to create one’s own, completely authentic movement from this silence. For the first time in my life, it happened to me that my soul spoke from within me through movement. I met anew.
The teacher training course offers this supportive environment where such a powerful transformation can take place.
I taught Shakti dance regularly, twice a week for 5 years. I led workshops in Slovenia, in the USA and Shakti Dance Yoga retreat on the island of Hvar in Croatia. I can say with certainty that Shakti dance brings a person back into genuine contact with themselves, redirecting them from the mind to the heart. With this practice, the quality of life is simply more beautiful, better, enriched by the presence and awareness of the vastness of the spirit within us.
Ana Rozman – Tarandeep Kaur
Through the meetings, the participants became more and more connected, guided, accepted and heard by the teachers. The small details made it clear that the methodology used to carry out schooling was carefully thought out and uniform. That our hours spent together were an investment in maintaining the fluidity of the body and expanding the knowledge within each of us. When the answer comes before you ask a question. And only then you realize how important it is – just for you.
The school really works on raising awareness and the process of schooling itself is transformative in nature and covers in depth or. real knowledge. The experience has brought me to accept everything as it is, whether I like something or not. Special thanks to teachers Sara Avtar and Sat Darshan, from whom I learned in silence.
I had many challenges with this training which are connected with my body, my mind, my private life and many changes which have occur.. I become more conscious of my body, body movements, coordination, in emboding certain quality, theme…. And also, it was interesting and challenging to work in such a circle of women where we both reflected and encouraged each other when some of us fall, the others would catch her… When one cried, all of us cried; some with tears, some silently from within. A profound bonding was created and that is something very special and strong. And needed.
Big thanks to all of You who were/are part of this Shakti dance journey, thank You for Your devotion, energy, time, love, knowledge, patience, grace…
It is an honour to be part of this Shaktiland with You.
Enormously acquired knowledge, in addition to dance movement knowledge and new perspectives on numbers, sound, space… also personal change, both internally and in view of the outside world functioning. Through the schooling process I gained a lot.
Sara Avtar, the founding creator of Shakti Dance®. This practice has evolved from her lifelong inspiration of movement and 30 years of Kundalini Yoga practice as a teacher, trainer and Sat Nam Rasayan healer. The development of Shakti Dance® is not the result of a contrived intention, but rather blossomed organically over many years.
Sara Avtar has been developing, teaching and training Shakti Dance® in its current form over the past 20 years, although prototypes began to emerge in the early 1990’s. To experience a class with Sara Avtar is a real privilege as she is an artist in movement and a true master in her own right. She transmits the essence of Shakti Dance® in such a beautiful, inspiring and powerful way that the essence and depth of this practice is easily transmitted, tasted and embodied.
Sara Avtar is also gifted with a beautiful singing voice and has released several albums with music for Shakti Dance® : “Shakti Lila”, “Merging”, “Swara Rasa“, “Waves of Grace” & “Swaha” with more to come.
She regularly teaches throughout Europe, co-teaching in all the Shakti Dance® teacher training courses, as well as in Kundalini Yoga Trainings. Sara Avtar currently resides in Italy.
VIDEO: INTERVIEW WITH SARA AVTAR